Thursday, October 28, 2010

Kanarraville Falls

Back at the end of August, Trev and I went on the Kanarraville Falls hike.  If you are ever in the area you should definitely do it.  It's about a 10-15 minute drive south of Cedar City.  The hike was bea-utiful!!!  The hike started out in a wide canyon and towards the end, there was about five minutes of narrow slot canyon. I've seen pictures of slot canyons and have always thought they were amazing but it's even better being in them.  The enormity of the walls and the light as it dances on the rock, pictures just can't capture that (at least the pictures I take).  Anyways, we got our first taste of slot canyons and I want more!


It was hot so we loved walking in the creek.

We had to climb this rickety-make shift ladder to pass this first set of falls.  Just before it was our turn to climb up, the very top rung fell off which was a little creepy.  Going up was the easy part.  On the way down this ladder, my shoes lost grip and I slid down the ladder for a moment.  It was just a moment, but for that moment, I thought I was going to die. It was a little scary but totally worth it!
We had a great time!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! That is so cool! I would love to go do that.

Jason and Lisa Burrows said...

That is so pretty! I had no idea that was by Cedar City! We should go do that some time, but now that it is cold we should go where it is warm!